Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Little Boy Named Grady

We found out for sure that we are having a little boy in March. His name will be Grady Daniel after my two grandfathers. My dad's dad is Grady Byron Parker. He's a retired preacher and is a man devoted whole-heartedly to Jesus. My mom's dad was William Daniel White, Jr. He was also an amazing man of God. He loved the Lord and his family more than any man I've ever known. I am truly privileged to have know him. We called them both Pawpaw and if distinction from one another was necessary, we always just used their last names, as in "Pawpaw Parker" or "Pawpaw White." Yes, we were are creative bunch! Anyway...all this to say, both of my granddads were and still are amazing men who have strived to honor God with their lives. I pray that Grady is a boy, young man and man who honors God with his entire life. I pray that his testimony is this: "I have known and loved Jesus for as long as I can remember."

Grady means "Child of Nobility" and Daniel means "God is my Judge." I am praying that our little man embodies the meaning of his name on many levels. I pray that he conducts himself in manner worthy of the gospel of Jesus Christ - honorable and noble. I pray that he never has to think too hard about who he'd rather please - man or God. I pray that his little life is pleasing to the Lord even now...as I know it is!

I'm feeling the little dude roll around, kick and punch me throughout the day now. I've never felt anything so cool. It is the most reassuring feeling too! I love feeling him move around in my belly!

Here is an updated belly picture! I think I've grown a lot since I last posted.



My visit with Mom and Trace was really really good. Here is one of my favorite pictures from the weekend. I think Trace was definitely the cutest cowboy in Kentucky!


Mom and Trace were here over the Halloween weekend, and we had a fun, full weekend. They came in on Saturday and we went to trunk of treats with our church. Then to church on Sunday. After church we went to eat and then Jon rode Trace around the church land on the four wheeler...then we went to my friend Barbara's farm to ride horses.

Then after that, we rushed back to my house and cleaned for someone who was coming to see the house! I've got to say I wasn't really excited about this since I feel like so many people have come to see it and no one has made an offer. I felt like we were doing a lot of work for nothing.

Well, we now have a contract on the house!!! We will be closing on November 30!!! I am so excited. I will most definitely miss this house and our neighbors but it is going to be so good to live in the burg where our life really happens. We are going to be renting for a while and have found seriously the perfect house. It even has huge fenced in yard for Hayes.

So that's all the news for now. Soon I'll be able to say we've officially moved and I've started setting up little Grady's room! Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment