Thursday, October 22, 2009

Cajun Food and my Ever-Growing Belly

Last week Jon and I made a trip down to Baton Rouge for the first time in about 18 months. It's crazy that it's been that long! Our primary motivation for getting down there was for a good friend of ours' ordination into the ministry. However, we also had the underlying motive of good times with friends who are like family to us. I even got to visit with my mom for a few minutes, as she passed through Baton Rouge. She's coming up on the 31st and I'm so pumped to spend a few days with her.

We had the best time with all our old friends and their children. I have to say that I was most excited to finally meet baby Cole, my friend Tori's little boy. He's such a great baby! I fell totally in love!

This is a picture of him in his LSU cape that Brad and Jon dressed him in for dinner one night. Isn't he adorable?!




I'm ashamed to say that I did not take one picture the whole time with friends. Ridiculous! I've got to get better about that by the time this baby comes.

On the way down to BR we spent the night with my Mamaw in Mississippi. I got to visit with my sister Amy and her daughter Bella who absolutely lights up a room. She loves her uncle Jon...

Bella turned 2 in August, and I wish so badly that I could be around her and my nephew Trace more often. They are growing up so fast!

Bella taught Jon everything she knows about feeding babies...

So back to being in Louisiana...I was asked several times if it was weird being in Baton Rouge after being gone for so long. This is my answer after a few days of unpacking (literally and figuratively): I absolutely loved being there. I have the most wonderful friends who are absolutely family to me and to Jon. So much of me would like to be back there...however, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are where we are supposed to be. Our life over the past 2+ years has been a series of small (yet very big) obedient steps. So, no, it wasn't strange to be back there. It felt like a visit with great friends rather than a return home. My home is with Jon...and we happen to be in Kentucky for this time. Yes, I miss my friends immensely, and yes would love to have stayed longer. But my life is in KY...and I love it!

To all of you who hosted us while on our mini vacation: Thanks! We loved every second of it.

As for the baby, I am now 19 weeks along in my pregnancy and my belly has grown so much over the past 8 or 9 days. I'm not sure I can attribute all the growth to the baby...I'm certain that some of it is due to the large amounts of cajun food I consumed while down south. At least I have a really good excuse for the gain. I'm still getting used to a bigger belly being a good thing.
Next Thursday we will find out if our little baby is a boy or girl!

~Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment