Saturday, April 10, 2010

Jon Pulls a Butt

Jon decided that he wanted to learn to smoke meat. With advice from some of the best bbq cooks in this part of the country he started with a Boston Butt.

It. Was. Awesome. Perfectly seasoned. Perfectly done. Bravo B!

My next request is a ham. Growing up, my Papaw always smoked a ham for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I could have made a meal on that ham for weeks on end without getting tired of eating the same thing. It was definitely my favorite food at holidays.

I'm super proud of Jon for trying this...and having a great success! I feel like this is a win-win situation. Jon's experimenting with something new, which he loves to do (win for Jon). And I get to eat some really good food as a result (win for me).

We've documented this experience with the pictures below.

Just getting started...around 11pm

The victim...
Almost done...notice the sun is up now...

Finally done... 7 a.m.

Jon pulling the meat.


Wish you were here to share a meal with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment