Thursday, December 10, 2009

26 weeks

Wow! I can't believe I'm 26 weeks along now...and I feel huge! The crazy part is that Grady and I will be growing for another approximately 14 weeks. I have no idea how my belly can grow any more.

Here is the most recent picture of my belly.
A ton of things have happened since the last time I posted. Jon and I have moved over to Lburg and we are totally enjoying our new house. It has a garage, which may not seem like a big deal to those of you in Louisiana, but in Kentucky-where I woke up to 19 degrees this morning-it was amazing!

We've pretty much got the house all set up. Jon isn't one to sit around and slowly get stuff unpacked and put away...we worked our tales off for about 3 days. Ok ok...he worked much harder than I did...but I did a whole lot of directing. The only room that isn't set up is Grady's room. I wish I had everything all ready. I realize that's impossible and I need to just chill out. I'm just ready to see it all put together. My current mental block is the bedding...really...I'm just not sure what I want the room to look like all put together. The only thing I know for certain is that we are being given a crib and chest from my parents. The furniture is black wood, so I need to run with that. Any ideas????

I had my gestational diabetes test on Monday and was told that if I failed I should here something by Thursday or Friday...so far, no news, so that's good news! As much as I crave sweets right now, I'm convinced that Grady is going to come out expecting chocalate milk when I nurse him. I'm to the point where I am so ready to meet the little guy. I can't wait to see what he looks like and whose eyes, hair, fingers, toes, cheekbones, and lips he has. I'm taken aback daily at God's workmanship in forming a human being. He's kicking and hiccupping and poking me throughout the day. He's bothered when I put pressure on my belly (if I sit my harm on it, or if I rest the laptop or a book on it, or scoot in too close to my desk at work). He gives a big kick to whatever is cramping his style and room.

I've started having some Braxton Hicks contractions (harmless and really not painful). Jon is way more freaked out by them than I am. He's basically banned me to the couch for the past few evenings. He's cooked dinner and cleaned up and taken care of Hayes. Don't hear me complaining - it's just that I am still totally capable of taking care of things around the house and I feel a little guilty watching him do it all. I've heard from several friends that I should thank my lucky stars and enjoy it while I can...pretty soon, I may not have a choice. And soon after that I'll wish I had time for housekeeping.

And we've decorated for Christmas. Here are the pics! The ladder is my fave!



















Merry Christmas everyone!

Erin

1 comment:

  1. Hey--take all that tender lovin' care you can get! Jonathan is good for it!!

    ReplyDelete