Sunday, December 20, 2009

White Chili Recipe

This is my favorite white chili recipe ever!

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 medium onion
1-1/2 tsp garlic powder (I use fresh minced garlic)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 cans (15 1/2 oz each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) chicken broth
2 cans (4 oz.) chopped green chilis
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream

In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Serve immediately.
Yield: 7 servings

*** I usually roast chicken breasts on the bone the night before then de-bone and cut into chunks before I start cooking. I like the chicken best that way.

This recipe was given to me when I first moved to Kentucky and I love it!!! Hope you enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment