Saturday, May 8, 2010

Naps...






I wish someone had told me that getting an 8 week old to know that he needs to take naps would be so difficult. I think this has been the most challenging part of being a mom. He does fine at night, but I think if I can get him to sleep well during the day, he'll sleep through the night in the next few weeks....and isn't that every new mom's goal?

I was reading somewhere that babies develop brain cells and a larger capacity for learning new things while they are sleeping. If they aren't getting adequate sleep throughout the day, then when they are awake they will be too worn out to really learn and meet their milestones.

I had a little heart-to-heart with Grady the other night and told him all of this information. I'm pretty sure our little talk convinced him!
I also called my friend Jenny two days in a row asking for napping advice. I needed mommy counseling. Thanks to her advice, and my little talk with Grady, he is doing much better, and getting better every day. I'm so glad!

I'm hoping that soon I can say that he loves naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment