Sunday, July 18, 2010

4 Months

Oh my!  Grady is 4 months old and I can hardly remember life without him.  Well, I do remember that I used to sleep a lot more than I do now...and be able to eat a meal without wondering if the baby is going to cry or wake up before I take my last bite.  But that's about all I can remember. 

Parenthood is so consuming!  Jon and I are learning right now how to continue nurturing our own relationship, and care for and nurture Grady at the same time.  What a challenge it is!  Any advice is welcomed! 

Here are a few things about Grady at 4 months.

-He's more alert than ever before, taking in this big world with every sense.
-He's learning to sit up.  Not there on his own yet but doesn't need nearly as much assistance as he did last month.
-He's rolling over from tummy to back and thinks it's hilarious...and is pretty darn proud of himself.
-He's giggling all the time now...at anything and everything, including things that I would never dream would be funny. 
-He's just started teething and the process has made quite a miserable baby for the past few nights.  I can't wait to see that first pearly white!
-Grady almost always has his tongue at least halfway out of his mouth.  We're hoping teeth will help keep it in more...we'll see!  It's really cute so who cares...
 -He loves his cousin August.  Gus likes to give him hugs and kisses and gets really concerned when Grady cries.  They had a good time together last week!
-Grady looks a little more like his momma every day...at least he does to Momma!  His mouth is all Jon.  He's got the biggest, brightest, sweetest gummy grin and he gets it so honest!  His eyes and many of his little expressions are all me!  I love it! 

Dear Grady,

We have had such a good time with you this past month.  You make life so much more interesting and fun!  Momma and Daddy love seeing you smile and love making you laugh.  We're so glad to know you're a happy boy!  My favorite thing about you right now is that if we are in a room together, but I'm not holding you, you make sure you know where I am.  You'll look up every now and again from whatever you're playing and find me - even from across the room - and flash me that big gummy grin. I don't think that will ever get old for me!  I smile back and coo at you every time I see it!  I love you big boy, and can't wait to see what you do next month!

Love, Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment