Friday, July 23, 2010

Updated Reading List

If you haven't read Barbara Kingsolver's newest book The Lacuna, you should pick it up.  It is wonderful.  I've read several of her books and they are all beautifully written, inspirational and make me wish that I could come up with words like she can.  Anyway...The Lacuna is highly recommended.  Thanks Drew and Cack for the Christmas gift!

This year I've read a few books that were on my reading list from last December.

The Lacuna-Kingsolver
A Farewell to Arms - Hemingway
Girls in Trucks - Katie Crouch
On Becoming Babywise - Ezzo
The True Vine - Andrew Murray
Shepherding a Child's Heart - Tedd Tripp
Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck 
A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens

You may be wondering how in the world I find the time to read since Grady was born.  I have re-discovered my love for books on cd.  I drive back and forth to work 5 days a week for about 35 minutes each way.  That's at least 1 hour and 10 minutes, 5 days a week of someone reading a novel to me.  I love it!  I'm a total goober, but it beats the heck out of radio.  I also read on my lunch breaks and before I fall asleep at night, and just pick up wherever the narrator left off.  Love me, defriend, think I'm a big dork...I'm going to continue having people read books to me while I drive.

Next on the list:  A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment