Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Baby Dedication and 5 months!!!

Jon and I dedicated Grady this past Sunday.  It was really simple and sweet.  I read scripture and Jon prayed over Grady.  It was a really sweet time for our family and a special time to remember.

I read Deuteronomy 6:4-9, God's charge to parents and really father's as head of the household to bring a child up in the way of the Lord.  To always speak of Him and think of Him.  That the Lord would truly be the center of our household.  That is my biggest prayer!  I believe that if God is center, then everything else will fall into place.  I know it takes work on our part, but I believe that God blesses our obedience.  The other scripture is Psalm 25:4-5, which is the scripture passage I've been praying over Grady since he was in my belly.  Jon prayed for Grady's health and that he would grow up to be a man like David, after God's own heart...a man who is not afraid to fight for the Lord.  I love that!  What a manly, and Godly prayer! 

Thank you to our parents for making the trip up to L'burg for the dedication.  It meant alot to us!  We love you and love you being around Grady.

Grady turned 5 months last Thursday.  It was an insane weekend of events so I haven't had time to slow down long enough to write about it.

Here's his 5 month pic.  I even made it in the picture...miraculous!


Isn't he a doll????  So, here are the stats, then I'll give more pics.

Grady is probably about 15 pounds.  We don't have digital scales so I'm not really sure.  I know that since he started eating cereal he's definitely grown.  He's about 26 inches long.

This weekend Grady got to meet lots of aunts and uncles from BR.  Of course he loved them all! 

Here are a few more recent pics.








grady's big hairy brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment