Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Life - Week 21

Grady is now in his 21st week, and time is flying!  I feel like a week sneaks by in a minute.  I want to be able to slow time down a little so I can enjoy my evenings a little more instead of rushing through to get ready for the next day.  I long for Fridays more than I ever have before when I can just sit and enjoy my family. 

Jon and I were talking about how we can't finish any tasks these days.  Our house is always a wreck, which drives both of us crazy, but Jon seriously may lose his mind soon.  I've also gotten bad about taking pictures, working on G's baby book and blogging.

OK enough about all that.  Here's a quick update.

Grady is laughing all the time now!  His favorites or Daddy and Hayes.  Jon can do anything and he thinks it's hilarious.  And all Hayes has to do is walk past his line of vision and he dies laughing.  I, on the other hand, could stand on my head and bend over backwards, and he might giggle a little.  That may be a slight exaggeration, but I'm much less funny than the boys in the house.

He's getting very close to having 2 pearly whites to fill that big gummy grin.  He's teething like a mad man.  Most days he's not bothered by them at all.  Other days, he's just beside himself with pain.  I can't stand knowing that he's feeling bad, and there's nothing I can do about it.  I give him Orajel, but he hates it.  Screams. Loud.  I can't really blame him though.  I tried it after his reaction the first time and it is terrible.

He's also very close to rolling over from back to tummy.  He's much more comfortable on his tummy these days, and never really complains.  If he's tired of it, he just rolls to his back.  Pretty cool.

He's drinking alot of milk everyday...about 33 oz., and eating cereal two times a day.

He's still a very content and happy little boy.  He's always smiling.  Those smiles still melt my heart.  He's a joy.

Last random fact:  Jon left tonight for a 2 day camping trip.  I found time to blog, do laundry, work on a quilt, and bake a cake (yellow cake with chocolate icing - just for me) all while watching a movie.  Funny how that works!

Hope to post some pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment