Thursday, February 4, 2010

Baby Shower, etc...

This past weekend my mom came in town to come to my first baby shower. It was held at the church, and it was wonderful! I got so many much needed baby things. I told my mom that I was just so blessed with great friends here in Kentucky.

We got about 4 inches of snow this weekend starting late Friday night and into Saturday morning. It was beautiful, but because of the snow, the shower originally scheduled for Saturday had to be rescheduled to Sunday afternoon, but it went off without a hitch. I'm not big on being in the hot seat with all the attention on me...just not really my thing, but it was so much fun! We laughed, I learned more new things about babies, ate some really good cake and just had a great time. Below are a couple of pictures from the shower...and yes, they did make me sit in a rocking chair on a stage.


And this is the diaper cake that my friends Jen and Kelley made. Isn't it adorable!
I loved being able to come home and go through all Grady's gifts and get it all washed and organized. His room is coming together and I think it's going to be super cute. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures this week. I'm still working on a couple of things, so I'll just post a picture of the final product rather than boring you with all the work in progress pics.

Below is a picture of my belly at 33 weeks and 1 day.
I will be 34 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe that I only have 6 weeks left. I go back to the doc on Tues for a checkup. I don't thing that Grady has done his final flip, but I'm still praying that he does. I'm not too good at feeling my belly and being able to tell what body part is where, but the kicks are still often down low, and his hiccups can be felt around my ribcage. So I don't think he's really changed positions.

I'm swelling pretty bad at this point...my feet, legs, hands, and face. My blood pressure is fine, so there's really no worries aside me being uncomfortable. I'm not going to lie. I can't wait to not be pregnant any more. I will miss him wiggling in my belly, but aside from that, I will miss no part of this process. I wasn't able complain a bit, until I started swelling around Christmas time. Since then, I've been sort of ready to be done with it all...plus, I can't wait to meet this little guy!

Hope you're all doing well.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment