Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'm Done With Work!!!

I don't mean to sound like I hate my job. I absolutely don't. I just haven't loved going to work for about 3 weeks now. I've just been done mentally, and driving back and forth and sitting at a desk all day has taken a toll on my poor little feet. I would insert a picture of them here but they are just too frightening...and I think I'd rather forget all about them.

Anyway...yesterday was my last day of work for about 14 weeks. I cannot even begin to explain the excitement that is brewing in my heart over this realization. I was talking to my grandmother on the phone yesterday and told her I just can't imagine what it's going to be like to have 3.5 months off work. I haven't had more than 1 consecutive week off work since sometime in high school!

So, I know that I should be taking these next two weeks easy and resting my feet, but there's already a list coming together for all the things I want to get done while I wait on Grady's birth day.

Here's what is left to be done:

~Get car seat buckled into car. It's been in the car since Monday, but hasn't been buckled yet.

~Reorganize kitchen cabinets to accommodate bottles and baby whatnots. I know this may seem like a no-brainer and that we should have plenty of room for all his stuff since we just moved into this house, but we don't. I'm going to have to get organized.

~Clean out fridge and freezer.

~Buy a deep freezer to put in the garage. I'm such a nerd, but getting a deep freezer excites me to no end. I can't wait!

~Finish reading Peace Like a River by Leif Enger and start reading The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver.

~Relax.

We've really gotten so much done already. I feel like we wouldn't be in a mad rush if he decided to come a little earlier. We're so pumped to become this little guy's momma and daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment