Saturday, February 20, 2010

Jon's baby...

For those of you who don't know, soon after we found out we were pregnant Jon decided that he would not shave his face or head until the baby was born. I think this is a regretful commitment at this point, but since he is not one to go back on a commitment, he is now heavy-laden with extremely unkempt hair.

Jon named his beard the "Beard Fetus," and decided that if I have to carry a baby for 40 weeks, then so will he. He is so ready for the due date of his beard fetus, he can hardly stand it. We go back to the doctor on Tuesday and will find out if Grady is still breech and if we will be having a c-section. I think Jon's secretly hoping for that, since that means he'll get to shave his head and face a week earlier.

If you haven't been keeping up on facebook with the growth and maturity of Jon's beard fetus, allow me to enlighten you.

Jon and me about 10 days after finding out we were pregnant...no beard yet.

Jon at about 3 weeks...

Jon at 36 weeks...

My husband who was once clean-cut, now looks like a crotchety homeless man. I must say, I as well am hoping that Grady decides to grace us with his presence before March 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment