Saturday, February 27, 2010

Still Breech at 37 Weeks

So, Grady has decided that he likes being in my belly head up, butt down. We went back to the doctor on Tuesday and had another ultrasound to check his position. He is most definitely still breech. We opted to have the scheduled c-section rather than attempting the version where the doc tries to turn him manually by pressing on my belly.

So Grady will be born sometime the morning of March 12, 2010. I have to be at the hospital at 7:30 a.m. so sometime after that we will meet our little boy. I've never anticipated anything quite so much. He's been growing and moving in me for months and we've been able to get peeks at his little face, but I'm sure those peeks are going to pale in comparison to seeing him face to face. Jon and I are both going to bawl! It's going to be awesome!

Here are a few of the things I'm praying for until his arrival. I'm praying that he continues to grow and mature at a healthy pace and that his lungs are fully developed by the time he's born. I'm praying that even in the womb he hears how much his momma and daddy love each other, and how much we already completely adore him.

I'm praying that my time with Jon is sweet sweet sweet from now until Grady arrives. The magnitude of this change is just now starting to hit me. I just want to so enjoy the few more days we have as just Jon and Erin without a child. I'm praying that my time with Jesus is even sweeter.

While I'm not too concerned about the actual surgery, I'm a bit concerned about the recovery. I don't do well with needing people to wait on me. I am praying that the Lord, and my body, constantly remind me that I've had major abdominal surgery and I just need to allow my body to heal in its time.

I'm praying for our first few days together at home, that we'll settle into a routine that works well for all three of us, plus Hayes, and that our time together will be oh so special. I know it will be!

Thank you so much for your prayers for us, as we wait for our little boy's arrival in less than two weeks.


Belly Pic 37 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment